Quality Assurance Committee
QUALITY ASSURANCE COMMITTEE
Presidenta: Sánchez San Segundo, Miriam
Secretario: Tuells Hernández, José V.
PAS: Alegría Rosa, Serafín
Vocales: Vives Cases, Carmen; Gabaldón Bravo, Eva Mª; Sospedra López, Mª Isabel; Juliá Sanchís, Rocío; Martínez Sanz, José Miguel; Albaladejo Blázquez, Natalia; Hurtado Sánchez, José Antonio; Noreña Peña, Ana Lucía; Santos Ruiz, Ana; Lax Zapata, Pedro; Ortiz Moncada, Mª Rocío; González Rodríguez, Estela; Davó Blanes, Mª Carmen; Perpiñá Galvañ, Juana; Oliver Roig, Antonio; Solano Ruiz, Mª Carmen; Fernández Alcántara, Manuel; Arques Castelló, José Antonio; Guardiola Vázquez, Lucía; Bernacer, Mónica.
The Quality Assurance Committee is involved in planning, coordination and follow-up duties at the SGIC, and it is also in charge of internal communication of policies, objectives, plans, programmes, responsibilities and achievements of the system. Its duties are:
- To check the Centre's SGIC planning in order to to ensure that the requirements set forth in UA's SGIC Manual are met, as well as those from the applicable verification and certification guidelines.
- To contribute to the dissemination among Centre members of information related to Quality Policy and the Centre's general objectives, as established by the Management Team.
- To monitor the implementation of processes aimed at achieving quality objectives, as well as to assess their effectiveness through the indicators associated to them.
- To issue an opinion on any plans to modify the Centre's organisation chart.
- To monitor the implementation of corrective and/or preventive actions arising from SGIC review, or from responding to suggestions and complaints, and generally from any project or process for which no person in charge has been appointed.
- To study and, where appropriate, to communicate any proposals for SGIC improvement made by Centre members.
- To decide on the periodicity and duration, within the scope of its authority, of satisfaction surveys conducted on stakeholders.
- To propose criteria for assessing improvement proposals arising from the results of satisfaction surveys.